When your immune system defends your body against disease, it mistakenly considers your healthy cells foreign. As a result, your immune system attacks healthy cells causing an autoimmune disorder.
An autoimmune disease can affect one or many different types of body tissues, depending on the type. It can also lead to changes in organ function and abnormal organ growth.
A total of 80 different types of autoimmune diseases exists. Many of them have similar symptoms, making diagnosis extremely difficult. It is also possible to have multiple of them at the same time. Autoimmune diseases usually alternate between periods of remission (with few or no symptoms) and flare-ups (with severe symptoms).
According to the Indian Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA), autoimmune disorders affect 5% to 10% of the Indian population. They often run-in families, and women account for 75 percent of those affected. Fatigue, muscle aches, and low fever are often the first signs.
Inflammation is a common symptom of autoimmune disease, and it can cause redness, heat, pain, and swelling. Flare-ups occur when symptoms worsen, and remissions occur when symptoms alleviate or disappear.
Treatment varies depending on the condition. But one of the most important goals is to reduce inflammation in most cases. Allopathy doctors often prescribe corticosteroids or other drugs that reduce your immune response. These medications offer temporary relief and cause several side effects.
On the other hand, homeopathy treatment for autoimmune disorders controls the disease efficiently and provides long-term relief by treating the roots of the ailment and improving overall well-being. Most importantly, homeopathy treatment is highly effective, safe, and without any side-effect.
The homeopathic treatment for autoimmune diseases is the natural way where the patient answers a list of questions, based on which the examination and evaluation of the case are done.
Homeopathy believes in treating the human with the disease and not the condition in the human. Homeopathic treatment prefers oral therapies, which act deep into the system.
At the Healing Center, a renowned homeopathy clinic in Aundh, Pune, Dr. Yogesh Jadhav offers the most-effective treatment for autoimmune diseases. He provides advanced and result-oriented autoimmune disease treatment in Pune at an affordable price.
Moreover, Dr. Yogesh Jadhav is one of the best homeopathy doctor in Pune, having years of knowledge and experience in providing advanced homeopathy remedies for several acute and chronic conditions.
Read this helpful article to know more about autoimmune diseases, their symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
Now, let's see the,
Signs and Symptoms of Autoimmune Disorders
- Joint pains, muscle pains or weakness, or tremors.
- Weight loss, insomnia, heat intolerance, or a rapid heart rate.
- Persistent rashes or hives, with a butterfly-shaped rash across the nose and cheeks.
- Trouble concentrating or focusing.
- Feeling tired or drained, gaining weight, or developing a cold intolerance.
- Mouth ulcers, hair loss, and white patches on the skin or mouth.
- Pain in the abdomen, blood or mucus in the stools, and diarrhoea.
- Eyes, mouth, or skin dryness.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feet.
- Miscarriages or blood clots.
Let's know the,
Causes of Autoimmune Disorders
- Personal or family history of autoimmune diseases.
- Higher oestrogen levels stimulate the immune response.
- Viral and bacterial infections and illnesses. An autoimmune disease is triggered by viruses such as the Epstein-Barr virus.
- Exposure to toxic metals and chemicals.
- Because poor nutrition compromises the immune system, poor diet is an essential factor in autoimmunity.
Now, let's know,
Some of the Common Autoimmune Diseases
Following are some of the most common autoimmune disorders:
- Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease that affects the joints and surrounding tissues.
- Type 1 diabetes leads to the destruction of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
- Psoriasis is a skin condition characterized by redness, irritation, and thick, flaky, silver-white patches.
- Leucoderma or vitiligo is an autoimmune skin disease characterized by white patches on the skin.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) affects the skin, joints, brain, kidneys, and other organs.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a group of inflammatory diseases that affect the colon and small intestine.
- Celiac sprue is a reaction to gluten (a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye) that damages the small intestine lining.
- A lack of vitamin B-12 absorption causes pernicious anemia.
- Sjogren's syndrome is characterized by the destruction of the glands that produce tears and saliva.
Let's discuss about,
Diagnosis of Autoimmune Disorders
Your body produces antibodies against specific tissues when you have an autoimmune disease. Antibodies produced by your body must be identified to diagnose an autoimmune disease.
An autoimmune disorder can be challenging to diagnose, especially in its early stages and when multiple organs or systems are involved.
The following methods of diagnosis may be used, depending on the condition:
- Examination of the body
- Previous medical history
- Various blood tests, such as,
- Autoantibody tests: any of several tests that examine your tissues for specific antibodies.
- Antinuclear antibody tests: This type of autoantibody test looks for antibodies that attack the nuclei of your cells.
- Complete Blood Count: This test determines the number of red and white blood cells in your body. When your immune system actively fights something, these numbers will differ from the average.
- C-reactive protein (CRP): a high CRP level indicates that your body is inflamed.
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate: This test indirectly measures how much inflammation is present in your body.
Homeopathy Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases
Homeopathy is considered the most effective and safest treatment for autoimmune diseases. It can effectively treat and control the unwarranted destruction of healthy tissues. Homeopathy has been used for decades and is an entirely natural process. It is very effective in treating autoimmune diseases because it is based on the theory of curing illness by stimulating the body's natural healing abilities.
Though it is challenging to prescribe and categorize each homeopathic remedy for specific diseases because treatments are based on symptoms and the patient, it is not impossible. The main objective of homeopathy treatment is to identify the root cause of the disease and triggers and help restore the immune system's balance.
The treatment of autoimmune diseases with homeopathy is based on several factors and the patient's symptoms. For example, psychological and emotional symptoms of the patient. As a result, homeopathy investigates the patient's symptoms in all possible ways.
Many people worldwide believe in this specific medication pattern for autoimmune diseases because it is a reliable natural treatment method. The principle of homeopathy, which treats like with like, is the main reason it can effectively help cure autoimmune diseases.
Thousands of people use homeopathy to treat these diseases, particularly arthritis, and the results are impressive, despite taking a long time. If you have any queries, you can reach our expert homeopath @ email@example.com or visit The Healing Centre, one of the best homeopathy clinic in Pune.